Many consumers are frustrated by the number of additional products that dealerships push with the purchase of a new car. It can be confusing to understand which extended warranties and other protection options make sense for them.
At Cartelligent, we offer our clients a limited number of aftermarket products (at substantially lower prices than most dealerships). In this article, we’ll look at the options we recommend most often.
What options do we recommend for purchased vehicles?
Car owners who plan to keep the car beyond its normal warranty can choose to purchase an extended warranty (also known as an extended service contract) that will continue to cover the vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. These typically cover parts and labor expenses for most repairs after the original warranty expires. Some will also include roadside assistance.
Many extended warranties will have a deductible. If you feel that an extended warranty would be beneficial to you, you should consider both the term of the warranty and the deductible before you make a decision. (Many Cartelligent clients choose a 72 month/72,000 mile or an 84 month/100,000 mile warranty; both have a $50 deductible and other terms are available).
We recommend extended warranties for clients who drive extensive mileage or who plan to keep the vehicle beyond the term of its manufacturer’s warranty.
What options do we recommend for leased vehicles?
Safe Lease covers minor damage repair at the end of the lease that might otherwise result in penalty fees. Benefits include:
- Up to $5,000 of damage waiver at lease-end with no deductible
- Covers worn tires, dings, dents, scratches, wheel damage, windshield chips and interior stains and tears
We recommend Safe Lease for all clients who lease, especially city-drivers and parents.
Preferred Lease Care
Preferred Lease Care covers minor expenses such a windshield chips or small dings during the term of the lease.
- Pays for repairs of dings, dents, windshield chips due to road hazards
- Coverage for term of lease with no deductible
- Learn more about Preferred LeaseCare
Preferred Tire & Wheel Protection
Preferred Tire & Wheel Protection covers damage to tires or rims during the term of the lease.
- Pays for repairs of wheels and rims due to road hazards and curb damage
- Three-year coverage with no deductible
- Learn more about Tire & Wheel Protection
We recommend this for clients who park outside or have children, pets or an active lifestyle.
What options do we recommend for any vehicle?
Ultimate Vehicle Protection
Ultimate Vehicle Protection is basically an insurance policy against minor damage. Benefits include:
- Repairs of dings, dents, windshield chips, and damage to tires, wheels and rims due to road hazards
- Five years of coverage with no deductible
We recommend Ultimate Vehicle Protection for clients who take pride in their vehicle’s appearance, particularly those who often park in public lots with tight spaces.
Perma Plate is a series of protective treatments that prevents many minor forms of damage from happening in the first place. These come with a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty against environmental damage and include:
- Paintguard which protects the exterior of the vehicle from UV damage, oxidation, corrosion and other discolorations
- Leatherguard which protects the leather and vinyl inside the car against fading, discoloration, cracks and spills
- Fiberguard which protects the carpets against stains and allows for easy clean-up
We recommend Perma Plate for clients who park outside or have children, pets or an active lifestyle.
Depending on your lifestyle and how you have financed your vehicle, certain aftermarket options may be in your best interest. Your Cartelligent agent can talk you through the pros and cons of these and any other aftermarket products you feel may benefit you.
No matter what kind of car (or warranty) you’re looking for, Cartelligent can help you get a great deal on exactly what you want. Call our team of car-buying experts at 888-427-4270 or get started today.